Rebellion is the Primary weapon used by the protagonist Dante in the devil may cry series. This is one of the first sword that you begin with when you start playing the game. Its original owner was the dark knight Sparda who saw fit that Dante should own this sword. The sword has been in devil may cry 2, 3 and 4. The rebellion has also been seen in the Devim may cry animated series, Monster hunter frontier, Marvel vs Capcom: Fate of Two Worlds and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
The rebellion is a huge silver colored sword. It is a double edged that has notches on both sides of the tip. Most of the handle is rather plain but there is a skull and ribs that connects the edge of the handle and the blade. This skull is on both sides of the sword. The skull on one side looks like that of a human being and the skull on the other side looks like that of a demon. The skull changes slightly when its awakened by Dante’s blood, when the Rebellion is in a dormant state the cross tree appears to lie across the ribs but when its activated the cross tree opens wide apart and skulls mouth opens up as if its screaming. While in use the rebellion leaves a white streak in its wake.
The rebellion is strong, quick and has the ability to change at a buttons push. The rebellion has numerous moves such as the Hacker, Death coil, Hightime, Ariel Rave, Roulette, Helm Breaker, Drive and stinger. Most of these special abilities can be upgraded up to level 2. With each upgrade the Rebellion inflicts more damage to the Demons. In order for you to upgrade these moves you must collect red orbs during game play, smashing down your enemies and also parts of the environment will award a certain number of orbs.
Throughout the history of Devil May Cry games and animated series we are shown that only two people have owned the rebellion. Dante the protagonist and his demon father Sparda.
These are some of the bosses that Dante has crushed using other weapons together with the Rebellion:
- Devil May Cry (PlayStation 2-October 16th 2001) Nelo Angelo, Mundus, Nightmare, Phantom and Griffon
- Devil May Cry 2 (PlayStation 2 and 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo 64-January 25th 2003). Majin Form, Argosax the Chaos, Phantom, Arious, Boverik, Nefasturris, TrisMagia.
- Devil May cry 3 (PlayStation 2and 3, xbox 360 and Microsoft windows-February 17th 2005). Virgil, Lady, Arkham, Nevan the lighting Witch, Beowulf the lightbeast, Leviathan the evil God-beast, Agni and Rudra the firestorm, Cerberus the ice guardian, Damned Chessmen, Hell vanguard, Gigapede, Geryon the timesteed and Doppelganger the deathvoid.
- Devil May Cry 4 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft- January 31st 2008) Agnus, Bael and Dagon the masters of the Frozen soil, Containment room, Credo, Dante, Echinda-the she viper, Sanctus and the savior.
- Devil May Cry reboot (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft- januray 15th 2013) Vergil, Mundus, Lilith, Poison, Hunter, Bob Barbas, and Mundus spawn.
These are just but a few of the many enemies that you face in the Devil May Cry video games. Mastery use of the Rebellion weapon can bring you great satisfaction.